Mary's Crochet House

A place to showcase my crocheted and knitted items.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States

I am a wife, mom and grandma to four. Three grown kids all on their own and one 12 year old left to raise. I'm an avid crocheter and knitter. I crochet more than knit but have been knitting more and more.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Well yesterday turned out to be a really good day to purchase yarn.  My daughter and I decided to stop by the dollar store and what do we find?  Yarn for a dollar a spool.  It didn't matter the size.  So having two dollars left in my pocket I just had to buy some.  Here is the results of my two dollars.  The seafoam colored yarn was on a huge spool and when wound on my yarn winder turned into 8 pull center cakes.  The brown is almost a corded yarn but not stiff and I ended up with the three sizes of cakes that are shown.  The seafoam yarn will primarily be used for rugs and such because it has a really rough texture and when pulled together has a nice thickness.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



After my husband saw my newest stash and how much it cost me he said lets get you more at that price.  What a guy, anyways here is $5.00 dollars worth below.  The white is a thin sport weight type yarn.  The dark brown and gold colored yarn is like some astro dyed yarn I bought off of ebay a few months ago, very soft and will make into some lovely accessories I'm thinking.  There middle is a boucle type yarn that I haven't figured out what I want to do with yet.  And last but not least the last spool is a verigated thread.  I am using some of the white and the verigated thread to make a doily and will see how that turns out.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is the white spool with a 4x4 post it so you can get an estimate of the size.  It is huge, I rolled a few cakes but stopped and just wrapped the rest in a bag until I need it again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is a closer pic of the greenish yarn.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is a pic of my Five dollar haul rolled up mostly.  Everything but the white got rolled up but the white spool just had to much to wind in one sitting.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here are two pics of the purse I made out of the brown yarn, Britt requested it after we rolled the yarn and she liked the color of it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am in yarn heaven right at the moment, being the yarn addict I am.  I also scored at the Good will today, got three sets of knitting needles for 49 cents each.  Now I must go and play with my yarn again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Micky said...

It's always great to find those little bargains, no matter what they are.
:)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jewels said...

wow Mary - what a great yarnstash score for you!!!!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home