Mary's Crochet House

A place to showcase my crocheted and knitted items.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States

I am a wife, mom and grandma to four. Three grown kids all on their own and one 12 year old left to raise. I'm an avid crocheter and knitter. I crochet more than knit but have been knitting more and more.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Fair results

Well I put a couple of doilies and scarves into our local fair here and I actually won a couple of ribbons and a best of show on the Romantic Pineapple doily. I was really excited as it was my first actual best of show. Anyways it was cool. My dd entered a picture she drew and received a second place showing which made her day.
I haven't really been doing much lately, made a couple of rugs lately just to use up some stash yarn. They turned out okey I guess. My son is coming for a visit in the next couple of days so things will be busy for a while. It will be good to have him home although I won't be able to take time off like I would like to. Luckily he is self sufficient and I do believe his sister will keep him occupied while we are at work.

4 Comments:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

congrats mary!!!

hope you enjoy your son's visit.. i know you will

3:24 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Congratulations! I've never entered a fair, but I'm not surprised you did well, your work is gorgeous. I'm just lucky you're my neighbor in the Crochet Blogs ring, otherwise I might never have stumbled across your blog!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the ribbons! I am not at all surprised, you do such beautiful work! And tell Britt congrats on her picture too! Hope you are having fun with your son.
Take care,
Your SP

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home