Mary's Crochet House

A place to showcase my crocheted and knitted items.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States

I am a wife, mom and grandma to four. Three grown kids all on their own and one 12 year old left to raise. I'm an avid crocheter and knitter. I crochet more than knit but have been knitting more and more.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

free cycle

Well I have been hearing about Freecycle for a while now and decided to give it a whirl. In our area you need to post a listing for an item you are giving away and then for every item you post(give away) you can post a couple of want items. Hope this makes sense. Anyway, I posted that I had a dishwasher that was broken but if there was a handyman with appliance he might want to rehabilitate it. I got a response within a couple hours which is great cause really don't know when we would get it out of here otherwise. Then I posted that I wanted any yarn or thread anyone was wanting to get rid of. Within a short time of posting I got an email from a lovely women in the next town who had some yarn and knitting needles to give away. Score. She sent me some rug yarn which i can crochet into a pretty nice rug. So all in all Freecycle has worked pretty well. I think I will keep my post up though for thread and see what happens.
I also received a box of yarn from Lynlee that was filled with all kinds of fun novelty yarns and chenille. I sent her a shawl I had crocheted but was too big for me and so we had a pretty good swap. I am already knitting a skinny scarf with some of the chenille yarn. I will post it as soon as I finish it. It has been a neat day and I acquired more yarn. Made my day for sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

wow that is awesome.. i never get responses when i post for yarn ..

and the stuff i give away .. gone in an hour..
lol .. oh well one day i will get lucky !!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home