Mary's Crochet House

A place to showcase my crocheted and knitted items.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States

I am a wife, mom and grandma to four. Three grown kids all on their own and one 12 year old left to raise. I'm an avid crocheter and knitter. I crochet more than knit but have been knitting more and more.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Checking in with finished shawls

As you can tell I end up blogging when I have something to actually show. Oh well this is my blog about my crafts so I guess thats okey in itself. Just got off the phone with my son who is in Irag. He is so wanting to get home, only about a month and a half left of his tour there. He said he dreamed he was home in Oregon kicking back, fishing and just hanging for his ten day leave. Just to hear his voice is a relief to me. We finally got another beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. Unforunately I have had to clean the house and do laundry so just got to look outside and open the house. Its all good though. I finished up a couple of shawls here recently, one is knitted and the other crocheted. I used the Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle that I had posted about previously. I think in one of the pics I showed the start of the knitted shawl in blue. The crocheted shawl is called the Serefina Shawl and really turns out nice with the rainbow boucle. Need to get some of this yarn in the purple, dark blue and greens if my local store ever gets it in.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger ThreeOliveMartini said...

very nice on both counts Mary.. I need some of that boucle for sure!!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh wow, I love them both. I have that pink yarn and tried that Seraphina shawl with it and didn't think I'd like it (plus I had a hard time with the pattern). Now that I've sen your I'm going back to try again.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home