Mary's Crochet House

A place to showcase my crocheted and knitted items.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States

I am a wife, mom and grandma to four. Three grown kids all on their own and one 12 year old left to raise. I'm an avid crocheter and knitter. I crochet more than knit but have been knitting more and more.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005


Image hosted by Photobucket.comWell I finally finished this shawl I was testing for Kathy(Katchkan) over at www.crochetville.org .  Kathy is an impressive designer and I am constantly amazed with her patterns.  I have been a tester for Kathy on a few of her patterns and hope to be again and again.  She crochets items that amaze you and yet anyone with the desire to make it has only to follow her pattern and get the same results.  I used approximately 5 balls of Aunt Lydia's #10 thread in Delph.  For the beaded trim I used dark blue #8 beads and over 100 teardrop beads.  The teardrop beads have a tendency to break if you don't string them nicely.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere is a close up of the beading done on the trim.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comHere are the finished scarves for my granddaughters that I posted about earlier.  Now I just have to finish the caps to match.  Almost done with the purple hat then onward to the watermelon hat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comClose up of the scarves.



Okey not to much going on now that I finished the shawl.  My son Floyd will officially be out of the Marines November 22nd.  and we are all happy about that.  He has done his duty for his country and now he is looking forward to the civilian life once again.  He will be having Thanksgiving with his Grandma in Calif.  and then heading here for a few days.  Then if everything falls into place he will head for Tenn. where he will look for work and help his sister out since  her husband will be back in Irag.  So we will go to Dennis' parents for a very quiet Thanksgiving and probably Christmas.  Well other than that I must go back to my crocheting.  Bye all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mary everything looks so fabulous!!! Great work
I love that shawl it's so gorgeous.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home