Mary's Crochet House

A place to showcase my crocheted and knitted items.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cottage Grove, Oregon, United States

I am a wife, mom and grandma to four. Three grown kids all on their own and one 12 year old left to raise. I'm an avid crocheter and knitter. I crochet more than knit but have been knitting more and more.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring is here

Although we are finally getting some rain here in Oregon, it is still spring by way of the child being home for a week. We decided that the ward off complete boredom for her we would take her out for the day. First of all I should say that Britts spring break was effective as of Thursday last week, so by Sunday she was a bit bored especially since mom and dad have had to work. Back to our day, we took her to see Robots at the theater. I have to say it is a laugh out loud movie, as I am not into cartoons I was especially surprised at how much I enjoyed it. After the show we let her browse the mall, another thing I am not a fan of, but......it was entertaining to watch how much Britt enjoyed it. From there we hit a few other stores across town, which if you knew my husband he hates running from one end of town to the other but he took us without any complaints. What a guy! And the most important part is he took us back across town to our fav craft store so we could look around. I got a few things there, sock yarn to finish my socks I started yesterday and some new knitting needles. Wow it was a good day for all. Since then I have finished my socks and taken pics so that is what you will be seeing tonight.
I also was a tester on a pattern one of the girls made for a wrist purse. I thought her pattern was clear and concise and she added pics that I always appreciate. There wasn't very many errors for me to correct so all in all I thought it turned out well, the only bad part was that I picked out the wrong kind of yarn to use, I used peaches and cream and that was to thick for this project. I will be trying the pattern again with worsted weight yarn and see how that turns out. Well thats about it for now, here are the pics:
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dumb when it comes to knitting, so I'll ask - are the socks knitted? I do like the purse! Very neat idea and (lol!) easy to grab onto if you have to beat someone with it! Have a great day and thanks for the movie review - I was wondering, but usually, anything with Robin Williams is a hit.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Actually the socks are crocheted from the toe up. Was easy enough once I figured it out.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home